IDE-fix Express Splitter WITHOUT Express adapter and WITHOUT software, incl. 2.5" IDE cable (10 cm)
For all Amiga 1200 based systems
4-drive buffered and terminated IDE interface for den A1200
The IDE-fix adapter doubles the internal IDE port of your A1200. At the same time it's an adapter from the rather uncommon 2.5 inch standard to the less expensive 3.5 inch standard connections. The first of the two IDE outputs is available as 3.5 inch and 2.5 inch connector, to you can use existing cables. The IDE-fix adapter is buffered and terminated. That means that your Amiga is shielded from noise that is caused by long cables, so it continues working reliably without crashing. There are adapters by other vendors that are not buffered or terminated - you can identify such sub-standard adapters easily either from the price, or from the number of chips: If the adapter offered has only got one chip, look for something better!
The IDE-fix adapter is always shipped together with an original IDE-fix 97 license by Elaborate Bytes
IDE-fix 97 Key features:
* Use cheap Atapi CD-Rom drives
* Use removable IDE/Atapi devices (Syquest, IDE-ZIP, LS120)
* Supports TD64-commands - harddisk capacities larger than 4 GBytes possible!
* IDE harddisk autopark
* Atapi CD-changers (NEC, Sanyo, Torisan) are perfectly supported (CD-change can be done either by a program, or by a separate icon for each inserted CD)
* Cache CD filesystem included!
* CD-32 emulator included!
Availability: No stock, no date confirmed