Serial interface for Amiga 1200, Amiga 600 and Buddha (Flash)
- For A1200 and Buddha Flash
- Compatible with the four clock-ports on the Z4 A1200 Zorro board
- Optional adapter for A600 and old Buddha/Catweasel models
- Up to 460800 bps rate, MIDI compatible
- Supports low bps rates and long cables
- Low CPU-Load because of large Fifo's
- Serial port 25-pin (IBM standard, 9-pin Sub-D possible as well)
- Superflat design, fits with all known A1200 expansions (even with BVision!)
- Easy installation of the hardware: colour photo print included!
- Easy installation of the Software: just boot from the disk!
- Compatible with digital cameras, Miami, terminal programs, fax programs, and all programs using the serial.device
- Compatible with Melody 1200 Sound expansion on the same clock-port
- Up to ten Silversurfer boards in one computer (given you have that many clock ports :-))
Silversurfer is the alternative for the cost-conscious user if you want to expand your Amiga with a serial interface. We did our best to reduce the price without having to make any compromises in value and performance: The top bps rate is higher than most serial accessories can handle, the software is simply one-hundred percent, and there are numerous ways to connect the board to the Amiga.
This is a ready-to-go package, you don't have to buy any additional cables or adapters.
Due to space problems, the Silversurfer cannot be used together with every expansion. There's a mechanical conflict with Mikronik and RBM Zorro-expansions that cannot be resolved, but this is totally compensated by the Silversurfer supporting the four clock-ports of the new Z4-board for the Amiga 1200. In fact, the Silversurfer is the first card on the market to support these ports!
If you don't want to change your Zorro-board, you can operate the Silversurfer on the clock-port of the Buddha Flash controller which fits into any Amiga with Zorro-Slots.
Another advantage over competing products is the excellent drivers: Low CPU load for uninterrupted multitasking and compatibility with all the software we know, together with an unparalleled ease of installation make the Silversurfer first-choice for anyone. No matter if you're using an A600 without accelerator or a fully equipped A4000 - Silversurfer will transfer your data safely.
A600 adapter for Silversurfer.
Availability: In stock