Chameleon is an extremely user-friendly cartridge that can be used without opening the computer. It is just plugged to the expansion port of the C64. In addition to that, it can also be operated as a stand-alone unit, replacing the computer, the floppy drive and the heavy power supplies. If operated as a stand-alone unit, a USB power adapter or active USB hub can be used as power source (available separately). Even a USB-enabled computer (LCD-TVs, DVD-players...) can be used as a power source!
Technical data in short:
• VGA-output with 60 Hz refresh rate or more
• Turbo function with full 6510 processor compatibility (incl. illegal opcodes)
• Cycle-exact REU (memory expansion) with 16 MB RAM
• MMC/SD card slot with
MMC64 compatibility and 1541-emulation
• Connector for PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard
• Freezer (compatible with Retro Replay /
• Bright yellow case with blue buttons
• Battery-backed real time clock (battery not included)
• IR receiver for
CDTV remote control
• Stereo audio out for stereo SID emulation
• USB link to a PC for debugging and data transfer
• Connector for
RR-Net (10 Mbit Ethernet)
The Chameleon cartridge is under ongoing development. Like many other products from Individual Computers, this is a re-configurable platform. This means that hardware updates can be installed by updating the flash of the cartridge with data that you can download from Individual Computer website. This does not require expert knowledge, and it doesn't even require opening the cartridge. All you need is an internet-enabled PC with Liniux or Windows OS, this lets you do the update through the USB connection. The special breakout-cable is included with Chameleon.
Please note that this product is a beta version
Availability: In 1 Week.