for Classic Amigas with Blizzard PPC or Cyberstorm PPC
After a long development time, it's finally here: the biggest upgrade of the Amiga operating system for classic Amiga equipped with a PowerPC CPU card (Blizzard PPC or Cyberstorm PPC). The completely rewritten kernel, modern hardware support, the updated GUI, an Internet software suite, new applications and many improvements make AmigaOS 4.0 the best and most comprehensive Amiga OS ever.
AmigaOS 4.0 CD-ROM, boot diskette, installation manual.
AmigaOS 4.0 requires a PowerPC processor and does not work without a PowerPC processor card (Blizzard PPC or Cyberstorm PPC). You need at least 64 MB RAM and 200 MB free hard disk space to use AmigaOS 4.0. Additionally a CD-ROM drive is required and, in case there's no Amiga OS 3.x installation to start from, a floppy disk drive.
Features of Amiga OS4.
- Exec Second Generation (Exec SG)
- Just in Time (JIT) 68K emulation
- PPC native TCP/IP stack & PPP drivers
- Re-implementation of the Amiga file system (FFS2) for PPC
- PPC native CD Filesystem
- Recovery and Salvage tools for FFS2 and SFS
- PPC native CD back-up tool
- PPC native RTG system
- PPC native arithmetically optimised version of layers.library
- PPC native RTA system based on AHI
- PPC native GUI system (Intuition and Reaction)
- PPC native shell
- PPC native version of "Amidock"
- PPC native utility for archiving and de-archiving
- AmigaInput API (for multimedia controller devices)
- USB stack
- PPC native datatypes
- New HDToolbox ("Media Toolbox")
- Support for TrueType/OpenType fonts
- PPC native rewrite of DOS library
- PPC native devices
- Generic PPC native PCI library
This product is “out of stock”, but you can pre-order the product, then when it arrives with us we’ll dispatch it to you.
Availability: 7 days